|These are a really nice, chewy
cookie, that takes little time to make
and have a nice almond flavour.
All measurements are in grams (g) see my ChocoChew Cookies page for
- 210g white flour
- 230g white sugar
- 64g brown sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 7g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 60g (a half a stick) margarine or butter, softened
on 3/10th power)
- 2 large whole eggs (this is usually about 110-120g)
- 5g vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F (I use convection mode)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, breaking up
sugar. Stir in margarine until the mixture is well combined and add the
Add the whole eggs (whites and yolks) and; if desired, the vanilla.
Stir just until the dough comes together. The dough should be a bit
sticky, if its very sticky you could add some more almonds, if its too
dry just add a little water (probably a teaspoon will do) and stir some
more. While this sounds like a formal procedure, I typically dump
everything in the mixer bowl at once, then mix it a bit with a fork to
break up the margarine and any lumps and then put the KitchenAid stand
mixer to work on low speed for about a minute or so.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place the balls about 2 inches appart onto a cookie sheet
cookie sheet) that has been
sprayed with non-stick spray (or rubbed with butter).
- Bake for 9 minutes, until just set around the edges but
in the middle.
- Let cook on the sheet for a few minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Take some to work and make lots of friends.
- Makes 20-26 cookies depending on the size of a 1 1/2 inch