a2 always amp cause cloud comparison copyright cycle different example great heat img india intended ion jan kodak least left lost memoryexpress minolta nbsp pack party range regular reports reviewed right runs say series sizes special src store supposed updated webanno weblog wide width
Battery Pack Vendors
- 2010-Oct-25: Looks like hot cargo holds can lead to lithium batteries igniting, and this is believed to be the cause of at least one 747 crash. 
- 2010-May-17: Sanyo's Eneloop batteries are supposed to maintain up to 70% charge after 3 years of storage and last 1500 charge cycles. Engadget has mentioned these a number of times, including this comparison review. 
- 2009-Dec-16: Slashdot discusses the price difference between lithium ion batteries intended for laptops and power tools. 
- 2009-Nov-12: Engadget tried out the PowerGenix NiZn rechargeable batteries and liked them a lot. Note these have a higher peak voltage than normal NiMH batteries. 
- 2008-Jun-25: PopPhoto runs a comparison of AA batteries (both regular and rechargeable). They perform a rather screwy cost comparison: they base the cost of the rechargeables on a single use (rather than say 100 recharges) - even with this handicap rechargeables are almost the same price as disposables (though they should be about a factor of 100 less!). It is interesting to see that for digital photography the NiMH rechargeable battery always has more capacity than the one-use battery (with the exception of the more expensive one use lithium batteries). As well, their test shows that the claimed mAh capacity ratings of rechargeable batteries are not a very accurate guide, for example the Polaroid 1800mAh was the lowest claimed capacity, but it solidly out performed the Kodak 2400mAh battery. 
- 2008-Jan-27: The Maha MH-C9000 WizardOne is an intelligent AA/AAA battery charger. This has four independent charging circuits, so different sizes and capacities can be charged at the same time. It also has a number of special cycles, including a discharge, a refresh (combined top-up, discharge, recharge) and a break-in cycle (for batteries that have lost their full capacity). It is reviewed here and here. In Calgary it is available at MemoryExpress.  
sells third party replacements for a lot of camcorder and digital
camera lithium rechargeable batteries. For the Sony NP-F550
this is their replacement.
Only Batteries has
a lot of rechargable batteries, including true C and D cells (i.e. not
the typical AA concealed in a C or D size housing).
BatterySpace.com has a good
selection of batteries and chargers. They even have the hard to
find 9V lithium batteries that are great for smoke detectors. BatteryMart.com also has a good
Delkin Devices also makes
batteries for cameras, including the NP-400 for the Minolta A2.
GoldPeak Batteries makes a lot of replacement battery
packs for digital cameras.
Vidtek Battery Canada has a
wide range of replacement batteries, including the Minolta A2 and the
Sony Clie PDAs
- Intelligent Batteries
Inc. has a lot of replacement battery packs.