00 100 120px 19 2005 25 26 99 adding application articleid aug back become comes copyright devices docs easy function imaging items jsp last late lines little long nbsp nokia per phone platform port print right search table text training true update updated wiki write
Python is a cross-platform, application development and
scripting langauge, this page records some of the significant news items that have appeared about it over time.
- 2009-Feb-04: Python gets praised as the easiest language in which to do interesting things. Its also very easy to do boring things in it too. 
- 2008-Nov-20: SUN is adding support for Python to NetBeans, including an editor with code folding, semantic highlighting and other goodies. 
- 2008-Sep-04: A long write up on what is new in Python 2.6. 
- 2008-Jun-15: PyCon 2009 will be from about 25-Mar-09 to 2-Apr-09. Yes, you can spend April Fool's Day at PyCon. 
- 2008-Apr-19: Python has become the system integration language of choice in Pardus Linux, they cite a code reduction from 10K to 1.5K lines for one function. 
Results of the Google
Summer of Code (2005) for the Python projects
- 2007-Aug-31: Python comes to the PSP
Python (Mar'07) is being used in airline
Python is available for the Nokia 770 and 800 Intrnet Tablet devices,
this is the PyMaemo
In late 2006 another attempt to get a Python port working on PalmOS was
This is a good thing, it would be nice to be able to write little bits
of code and run them right on the Palm.
15 will support Python as a scripting language
The olpc project (one laptop per child) has
selected Python as an application development language.
An interview with Mark
Lutz and why you should use Python. Mark offers training
courses at the Big Nerd Ranch
Python will be a browser scripting language for future versions of
Mozilla and FireFox, the Feb 2006 update
and the Sept 05 announcement.
This is part of the XUL work.
Nokia's 6630 phone has built in Python with hooks into the workings of
the phone, Guido writes about it here.
Pro v8 appears to use Python at a scripting language