6 anything atom board building capable cloud contain embedded firefox form found function had img information intended kb last live name note original printing put reader really replace right rss short simple solution sort special src tag taken talks thing updated vermeulen width wikipedia work
Some information about implementing an RSS feed or collecting data from existing feeds can be found here.
- 2009-Jun-09: feedformatter is a Python library for generating news feeds in RSS and Atom formats. 
- 2008-Apr-15: For an RSS feed file to be valid you need to escape any "<" and ">" bracket characters that are part of the data. This is because the RSS file is XML so these will be taken as XML tokens by the parser in the feed reader. This is an issue because it is quite natural to want to put HTML fragments into the item/description elements. One way to do this is to do a simple substitution of "& l t ;" and "& g t ;" (ignore the embedded spaces) for the two angle brackets. Another thing to note is that because some URLs contain & characters you can run into an issue with parsers thinking those & are the start of an HTML special character sequence, so you also need to replace & with "& a m p ;". This sort of thing would really be much simpler if XML had just included a proper opaque data blob tag from the beginning (or perhaps a special attribute that could be used with any tag), something to indicate that the contained data is a base 64 encoded ASCII string and all the parser is to do is to read it, decode it back to the original form (which may include anything, even non-printable binary) but then do no further parsing on this content. The CDATA is somewhat intended to do this but its not a very clean solution. 
- 2008-Apr-14: The RSS Feed validation service from W3C. 
- 2008-Apr-13: What is RSS talks about the name spaces that show up in RSS 1.0 feeds and has some Python code for parsing this. 
- 2008-Apr-13: Firefox's live bookmarks function for RSS feeds. 
- 2008-Apr-12: Configuring Thunderbird as an RSS reader. 
- 2008-Apr-12: The RSS Specification from the RSS Advisory Board. 
PyRSS2Gen an RSS feed generator module. 
RSS Libraries on Python.org, a collection of the Python resources available to work with RSS.
Building and Using an RSS Feed, a short tutorial.
- 2008-Apr-12: Wikipedia on RSS.