120px 60 ability advantage blocks browser chip communications comparison construction creation deep english environment event exchange experiment failed filtering firefox hand head implementation implemented lists location look loss math mercurial n oct path points radio revision scripts setting setup slides someone talk tcp testing tiny unicode update webanno why wonder wordpress yahoo
Various topics about Python that I have not sorted yet.
- 2009-Oct-23: Using Python and spambayes to to client side spam filtering. 
- 2009-Aug-14: py65 (project home page) is a simulator for the old 6502 microprocessor written in Python. I wonder how long it will be before someone runs an old Commodore PET ROM on this? 
- 2009-Aug-13: How one might correct
typos (in URLs or words) by
looking for closest
distance matches. And a Python module called Levenshtein
to solve this. This recipe contains bktree.py which implements Fast Levenshtein distance (Wagner-Fischer algorithm) and the BK-tree. A recipe for calculating the Levenshtein distance between two strings.
- 2009-Jul-20: inotify,
watching for file events on Linux, it gets used here. Also there is the pywatch package for running arbitrary commands when a watched file changes.
- 2009-Apr-20: MetaPython is a macro and code quoting facility for Python. Some notes on the release of version 0.2. 
- 2009-Apr-02: PyMite
is a very small Python for use on 8 bit and embedded devices. The python-on-a-chip project will be based on PyMite 10.
- 2009-Mar-06: pypp is a Python preprocessor based on the Mako template engine. 
- 2009-Mar-04: dpkt,
dumb packet module for TCP packet creation and parsing. An example of dpkt being used to monitor traffic is here.
- 2009-Jan-21: PyOBEX is a package that implements some of the Bluetooth Object Exchange (OBEX) protocol.  
- 2008-Dec-25: Implementing a tiny stack-based language in Python. This sort of thing might be useful for some form of configuration language or application extension (macro) language. 
- 2008-Dec-09: Porting a C extension module to Python 3.0. 
- 2008-Oct-30: shakespeare combines Shakespeare's works with a Python API, so now you can code your English assignments in Python. 
- 2008-Oct-01: zfec sounds like it might be a program to allow files to be reconstructed from redundant auxiliary information. 
- 2008-Aug-05: BytecodeAssembler is a byte code assembler for those who want to experiment with hand coding assembler for the Python virtual machine. 
- 2008-May-27: The pysvn package provides a Python interface to the subversion revision control system. This article discusses using pysvn to interact with the GoogleCode system.  
- 2008-Apr-11: The structure of .pyc files talks about what is in compiled Python bytecode files. 
- 2008-Mar-20: Erasure Codes can be used to transform N blocks of data into N+M blocks of data for redundancy purposes allowing the original N blocks to be recreated from some of the N+M blocks in the event of data corruption or loss. zfec is an implementation of a fast erasure codec that can be used with Python (it is part of the AllMyData project).   
- 2008-Jan-07: This article explores the inner workings of Python's byte code. 
- 2007-Oct-22: mercurial, is a source code management system designed for efficient handling of large distributed projects. This article has some speed comparisons between mercurial, git, bzr and darcs, it looks like mercurial and git are the fastest of the bunch with git having an advantage. 
- 2007-Aug-25: An idea to setup
a list of Python developers on the LinkedIn network. My profile is here. It has been suggested a LinkedIn group may be more appropriate for this.
Readable ID Strings, a little algorithm that generates short
alphabetic ID strings.
Sets, musical theory
Taking advantage of multi-cpu
systems from within Python and the GIL.
text with Python
Pattern in Python, while this does not look like much code, it does
nicely illustrate the power (and ease) of function objects and their
variable and keyword based arguments lists.
is a slide presentation program written in Python that loads its slides
in PDF format
a basic revision control system
driven software development of Python applications, perhaps suitable
for business applications where you have a database and a business
If you have a module fail to load when you import it, and you get an
error like: ImportError:
DLL load failed, then you might just have a problem with your
Windows PATH environment variable.
flexible, deep comparison for testing of structured data
allows you to talk to a mobile phone attached to your computer
this is implemented as a web form, paste in your code and it runs,
obfuscates it, and returns the result.
is a library to interface with the SONY
EBook reader over USB from Python
The Python warnings
module is useful for logging messages that are not severe enough to
be considered errors.
pcs, the Packet
Construction Set, is a set of Python modules for building network
a module for converting COARDS time format to datetime objects.
Geo Location Mashup,
using the Yahoo Maps AJAX API from Python
Python Geocoding Toolbox
provides a Python API for working with Subversion repositories
some Python tools for working with a
subversion code repository
a program that assembles tiles into patterns and perhaps explains why
the arrow of time only points forwards
A keylogger in Python
with Web Cams to solve jigsaw puzzles.
Frog may soon have the ability of running Python scripts within the
Setting up to run Python on a Pocket-PC
- 2007-Aug-24: Rur-ple,
a programming teacher written in Python