again array au aug bugs class component convert dec default dev due easy environment error explains found height his img inside introduction jan last lead local made part particular preview printing problem programming recent return said save search table tell types unix update vista wikipedia
- 2008-Dec-10: Dependency Walker is a useful tool for figuring out if a particular EXE or DLL load failure is due to some missing essential DLL. 
- 2008-Nov-26: Windows vs. Linux File Timestamps discusses the extremely strange behavior of Windows when it comes to handling display of file time stamps in local and DST time zones. Here the UNIX approach is much more sane, just store the data in GMT (UTC) format (which Windows NTFS actually does) and only when it is being displayed do you convert to the local time zone conventions. That said, most UNIX systems do not have the concept of file creation time which Windows does, so UNIX is not entirely perfect... 
- 2008-Aug-26: Generating side-by-side (SxS) manifest files from native DLLs for registration-free COM. 
- 2008-Jul-03: An example of using the COleSafeArray class to return an array of results. 
- 2008-Jul-03: Using COM to automate Excel from C++. 
- 2008-Jun-26: Some notes about the _COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF macro. 
- 2008-Jun-25: An introduction to calling on COM objects from inside a C++ program. COM in plain C (and part 2) is a more recent introduction to COM. The Step by Step COM Tutorial. 
- 2008-Jun-25: The WikiPedia article on COM. 
- 2008-Jun-25: Stroustrup talks about the origins of C++. Discussed here on Slashdot. His home page is here. 
- 2008-Jan-07: Using the IMAPI2 (Image Mastering API) from C++ for writing to CD and DVD media. This is available from both Vista and XP (with an update). 
and Print Preview (MFC) from the Microsoft web site. 
with MFC Made Easy, an extended example of printing from within the
MFC frame work, this focuses on providing a system to do simple textual
(report style) printouts.
How to get
the DOS console showing up (again) on your Windows application so
you can see output from printf and cout.
In C (and C++) one has been able to recast pointers to the start
of a structure to other types, now it appears that optimizing compilers
are unable to tell that these aliased pointers are to the same object
and this can lead to bugs, this article
explains how this can be a problem for Python.
Visual C++ run
time library reference
is a handy library for graphics (including image load and save) that
became part of the standard Windows environment with XP, but its also
found on updated 2000 systems.
- When building for MFC you need to compile for multi-threaded use,
this is done with the /MT or /MD compiler switches. The /ML switch
(which is the default) compiles for a single threaded, statically
linked program. See also Linker
Tools Error LNK2001